Each study begins with a detailed analysis of informational needs. Next, a survey methodology is determined to gather the information in the most economical and efficient way possible. These are the typical steps.
1. Determine the objective and scope of the study.
2. Define the research methodology and sampling plan.
3. Design the questionnaire or survey instrument.
4. Collect data by trained and closely supervised personnel.
5. Tabulate data.
6. Analyze processed data and develop text reports.
Most projects are turn-key from design of the questionnaire through final presentation of results. The survey information is accessible for future cross tables or reports as the client desires. All data are maintained in confidential computer files.